Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A Beautiful Winter Day

The sun is shining and the mountains are covered in snow. I never really notice the mountains around us until they are white. It's beautiful! The hills are finally green. For the past year they've been brown from lack of rain. God is good. Last week I tried yoga for the first time. (Jess, you should be proud! I was thinking of you while I was in class.) I was really nervous about going. All of my old cheerleader friends probably remember how un-flexible I am. This isn't your typical gym yoga, this was an actual yoga place. My friend, Michele, from work invited me. I loved it! I haven't felt so relaxed and energized in a long time. It was a 90 minute class and let me tell you, I was hurting the next day. But it was a good hurt. After class, Michele told me that I was right next to the most flexible guy. Just my luck! I'm going to try to go once a week or once every two weeks. I only have one morning a week without children so we'll see how it goes. It is expensive but I figure it is good for the whole family if mommy is happy, right!
We tried out a new church on Sunday. It is called South Hills. A friend at work told me about it. We really liked it. It is a lot like Harvest, minus the huge crowd. It was so nice to pull right into the parking lot and park, instead of sitting in a traffic jam to park. The worship team was great and the pastor was really interesting. I think we are going to start going there and hopefully can meet some people and get involved. The girls both really liked their classes too.
Bill is home sick today. He had an upset stomach in the night. He's been in bed all morning. Hopefully it will pass soon and nobody else will get it. It has been an especially bad cold season. My parents are sick too. Another reason I need yoga!

1 comment:

nryan said...

I wish I had my old yoga class back- I believe it is why I was able to work (and stand on my head) right up until I had Jack- SOmeday I'll have time for another one!!